With the birth of the "New Millennium", the age-old adage of "Health is Wealth" has gained tremendous weightage round the globe. With all the Physical, Chemical and Biological Sciences coming together under one big canopy to ensure mankind a better, safer and cleaner environment to live-in Biosciences in particular, has proved to take a lead role in several aspects of "Innovative Healthcare".
Research Areas of the Genetics Department
Karyotyping, C Banding, G Banding and Nor Banding in Grasshopper, Mice and Rats. Studies on Cytogenic Effects of Potential Drugs, Crude Neem Leaf Extract and Anti-biotics on Grasshopper and Drosophila.
Genetic studies on Fresh Water Fish, Cucurbits, Pathogens on Sorghum, and Bacillus Thuringiensis, Argemone Mexicana, Ocimum, Vigna Radiata and Molecular studies on Rotavirus.
Research Areas of the Biotechnology Department
Emphasis has mainly been on Tissue Culture and Vasicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizas.
Research Areas of the Microbiology Department
The focus has been on:
• Antimicrobial Properties of several plants such as Ocimum, Leucas, Anthrax and various Blood Borne Diseases.
• Antimicrobial activity of cereal sprouts was studied.
• Antimicrobial action of Medicinal Plants over the Pathogenic Bacterial Flora of the Upper Respiratory Track was studied.
• Antimicrobial effect and the medicinal uses of cow urine were studied.
Research Areas of the Biochemistry Department
• Biochemical studies on several Medicinal Plants such as Alternanthera Sessilis, Cissus.
• Quadrangularis and Gossypium were studied.
• Inhibition of Snake Venom by Vitis Vinifera Seed was studied.
• Isolation of Proteases from Bacillus and Pseudomonas Species were studied.
Research Areas of the Chemistry Department
Studies on the Anti-diabetic and Anti-oxidant properties of Annona Muricata and Curry leaves were studied.
Preparation of several important Organic Molecules is under way.
Current focus of Research and Development activities in the Life Sciences Departments:
The role of Mitochondrial DNA in Maternally Inherited Diseases
Impact of the above Diseases on Protein profile, especially with Anti-Oxygenic Enzymes.
Biochemical, Tissue Culture, Antimicrobial and Molecular aspects of several medicinal plants in Kamataka.
Environmental cleansing of lakes using biopesticides for water hyacinths.
Clearing the sewage-water of Bangalore City in the open drains using Pseudomonas putida - a survey.
For Admission / Downloads / Queries
Garden City College Campus, 16th KM, Old Madras Road, Bangalore-560 049. Tel: 080-66487600. Email: email@example.com